We are so excited to welcome you to Costa Rica!
This page is to share with you the current requirements for flying into Costa Rica and flying home. This page is regularly updated to show any changes in travel requirements.
Information for entering the U.S. can be viewed on this link.
We will summarize below:
Traveling to Costa Rica:
- There are no COVID-19 specific travel requirements for entry to Costa Rica.
- Vaccination is not required for entry to Costa Rica.
- Update as of April 2, 2022: Costa Rica will no longer require travelers to complete an online Health Pass prior to arrival. Additionally, travelers (regardless of vaccination status) will no longer be required to purchase a travel insurance policy.
- It is still recommended (not required) that travelers consider purchasing travel insurance to cover medical and lodging expenses in the event of contracting COVID-19. Trawick has consistently been the most inexpensive and meets the requirements (the insurance must have COVID specific health coverage). Here is a helpful article about insurance.
During travel in Costa Rica:
- Vaccination is not required for your stay in Costa Rica. There was a vaccine mandate with voluntary participation by businesses for entry to their place of business but it ended in March 2022.
Traveling back to your home country:
- For those returning to the United States: Update as of June 12, 2022: The CDC will no longer require air passengers traveling from a foreign country to the United States to show a negative COVID-19 viral test or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 before they board their flight.
- For those returning to Canada: please check this link for current requirements.
- For those returning to any other countries: please check with your embassy for entrance requirements.
We hope this information is helpful in preparing for your trip! Please let us know if you have any questions, we are here to make your experience in Costa Rica an unforgettable one!