Preparing to visit Costa Rica is so exciting and being prepared can really make it more fun! You know you need a bikini, bug spray, and sunscreen but what else? We have created an all-inclusive destination wedding packing list so you have everything you need for the big day!
UNDER YOUR SEAT PACKING LIST
We suggest packing a large “personal handbag” every time we board a super long flight. Our team is notorious for this. This way we have everything we could ever need right at our fingertips.
- Wallet with cash and an ID – most everything can be paid in USD but if you want to be extra prepared you can always grab some Costa Rican colon too!
- Headphones or earplugs – for those noisy flights.
- An eye mask and neck pillow – Go all out!
- Glasses, both sunglasses, and prescription. – We always carry a backup pair of prescription glasses when we travel just to be sure!
- A nice scarf, that could keep your arms warm too!
- Ticket and passport – double then triple check!
- A book, planner, and pen.
- Computer and charger.
- Phone charger, adapter, and extra battery.
- Umbrella and jacket- even if just at the bottom of your bag.
- Hand sanitizer and even Lysol wipes to clean your seat.
- Snack.. Or two!
- A water bottle.
- Bug spray and sunscreen. – these are really expensive in Costa Rica!
- Mints, gum, face wipes, chapstick, a mini bottle of perfume, and tissues.
- Any in-flight medicine.
- Bring a pair of socks, in case of a cold flight.
- A flashlight keychain.
- Keys and a lock for your bags!
- Vitamin C for an immunity boost.
- Make sure to precharge all of your electronics and your extra battery too!
- Take a photo of your luggage.
- Pack all of your liquids in this bag! This way you don’t have to open your carry on at all.
OVER YOUR HEAD PACKING LIST
It might sound bad but we always plan for the worst, and hope for the best! We all dread being that one unlucky bag that goes missing. But, it happens. So be prepared! Your main carry on bag should be packed with enough necessities to last you a few days, including wedding attire if possible. One big thing we suggest is to take an extra copy of your passport and ID, everything you need in case of an emergency.
- Full attire for the wedding, or as much as possible.
- Versatile wardrobe for backup.
- An extra pair of shoes.
- Seasonal attire for your destination – like a swimsuit and cover-up.
- Back up charger.
- Valuables such as jewelry and watches.
- Any wedding responsibilities, such as a gift, place cards, decor, etc.
- Full face makeup, hair products, and bathroom supplies.
- A spare grocery bag for dirty clothes.
- Extra money and document copies.
- House keys – never keep these in your checked bag.
We know just before your trip can feel hectic. So we suggest packing early! This way you give yourself some peace of mind and the morning of departure is simple. Start to pack away the easy stuff first, things you won’t need. Keeping this list handy is always a great way to stay organized and double-check along the way.
Destination weddings are fun and the perfect place to relax with close friends. Communicate with other guests and share the big stuff like a hairdryer, straightener, curling iron, and stain repellent. Anything you can consolidate will lighten your load and ease your mind!
Brides feel free to send this blog to your guest list or ask us for an infographic for your wedding website!