When it comes to wedding ceremonies, there are a variety of traditions that couples can choose from to incorporate into the big moment. One popular tradition is the sand mixing ceremony. This involves separate containers of sand that you then mix together symbolizing union. Often how it works is that the officiant invites the groom to pour a bit of his sand into the empty vessel. The officiant invites the bride to do the same with her sand. Then, the bride and groom then pour their sands at the same time, in a single stream, into the vessel to represent the blending of their souls into one.
There are many ways to personalize the sand mixing ceremony for your wedding.
• You could choose different colors of sand to represent the bride and groom.
• You could also add a special meaning to each color. For instance, blue might represent loyalty, pink might represent love, green growth, and so on.
• You could attribute each color to a person in the family. This is especially sweet if you are blending two families with children.
• You could bring sand from adventures that you have taken together.
• You could bring sand from your native country and mix it with sand from Costa Rica.
If you want to make your wedding ceremony even more special, you could write your own vows specifically for the sand mixing ceremony. This is a great way to show your commitment to your spouse and to the new family you are creating.
No matter how you choose to personalize it, the sand mixing wedding ceremony is a beautiful way to celebrate your love and unity. This is a really fun idea to visualize the joining of two individuals and the creation of a new union and family.
Would you incorporate the sand mixing ceremony into your big day? Drop us a comment below! We would love to hear your thoughts.