Congrats on taking the first steps to planning your dream destination wedding! We know it can feel overwhelming at first, but we are here to help you every step of the way! Here is a quick overview of what to prepare for when planning your dream I do abroad.
Hire a planner
• We may be biased but why not have professionals help from the beginning? We have experienced it all so you don’t have to! We know what weeks are the best to have a wedding (for instance, please don’t book the week before Easter in Costa Rica!) As well as, important factors to keep in mind when selecting a venue and dates such as weather patterns, tides, lighting, etc. Make sure you really read about the team you are planning to work with! Get to know your team, you will be working together pretty closely.
Pick your Dream Destination
• Choose a destination location that is right for you and also right for your guests! Your dream destination and perfect venue are two decisions that are very impactful on your event. The destination has the biggest influence on your guests’ experience. We will guide you through selecting the right destination to ensure your selections result in an amazing experience that’s well-designed and within budget. We consider things such as transportation, weather, access, and accommodation when selecting a destination for your big day!
You can find a variety of beautiful beach towns in Costa Rica, each with a different vibe. Beyond the beaches, Costa Rica is also home to rainforests, cloud forests, coffee plantations, sprawling ranches, beautiful mountains and valleys, and even the metropolitan capital city of San Jose. We plan weddings all over Costa Rica, from the Arenal Volcano area to Guanacaste to Manuel Antonio and Osa Peninsula. We also plan events and weddings all over the world, Costa Rica is just our specialty.
Establish Vision and Budget
• We understand determining a budget for your wedding can be intimidating and challenging, especially when planning in another country. Our budget creation process allows us to present to you an initial budget that balances splurging in your areas of priority and scaling back in areas that are not as important to you. Our design proposal and budget proposal go hand in hand with illustrating your wedding experience along with the costs involved to execute your vision. We love to really incorporate the couple’s history, heritage, and cultures into the big day. This way every moment really reflects the two of you!
Select Venue & Accommodations
• The venue is the biggest influence on both the style and budget of your event. Throughout the many destinations we work in there are a variety of venue options from spacious event venues, elegant mansions, beachfront villas, beach clubs, restaurants, hotels, ballrooms, gardens, resorts, ranches, waterfalls, and more.
There are different logistics and considerations that come with each destination and type of venue, and we have the experience to guide you through selections that will best suit your event. There are some things to consider when choosing a venue. First decide if you want to find a venue where they offer accommodation on-site, or if you want to separate some of your guests. We often recommend having accommodation for the elders on your guest list, somewhere more quiet or if on-site, that there is plenty of space away from the dance floor or late night guests. We also are thoughtful of the logistics of the venue for all of your guests, including stairs and transportation.
Choose your Key Wedding Vendors
• We help you to decide on what your priorities are and invest here first! Do you want to focus on florals? Are live music and a great DJ important to you? Do you know you want a great videographer? We work with you to decide on what are the most important vendors for you that will really fit your wedding vision. We believe our vendor connections are really the most important part of our business. When you work with us, you know we are offering you the best of the best. All of our vendors are not only talented, hardworking, and wonderful but they also have continuously proved how passionate they are about weddings. Just like us!
Get Excited about the Design Process
• We have a unique process to hone in on the event style that best speaks to you and celebrates you as a couple. We will take that vision and make it a reality. Our broad sense of style has led us to create everything from bohemian events on the beach, tented mountaintop occasions, intimate rainforest dinner parties, and minimalist parties in modern villas. We pay attention to detail as well-placed details throughout the wedding weekend experience are what make your event unique to you two!
Bring It All Together
• We take care of everything! After we are done helping you design your dream wedding day. We make sure you never have to worry about a thing during the wedding day and even before!
See our blog for more destination wedding tips + advice from our planners.