Looking to craft that that perfect wedding day playlist that really captures your love story? Here are examples from our real wedding couples to inspire you when looking for first dance song ideas.
First Dance Song Ideas from Real Couples
- Constance and Andy used a mix of the First Day of My Life by Bright Eyes and Never Let You Down by Colbie Caillat
- Jen and Craig used Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me by Mel Carter for their reception.
- Ali and Michael planned an epic first dance with an outfit change and salsa influence for their first dance to the song Senorita by Camila Cabello.
- Monica and Baltasar danced to Swallowed in the sea by Coldplay for their first dance.
- Katie our travel-loving bride loved the song Rose of Sharon by Mumford & Sons for her first dance as a Mrs.
- Laura and MJ picked the romantic Coming Home by Leon Bridges for their first dance poolside at the Diria.
- Marina decided on a trendy pop song called Lover by Taylor Swift for her beach wedding in Tamarindo.
- Our boho beach bride, Brittney, loved the song Fire and the Flood a Cover by Aston Kate and used it for her first dance in the Flordia Keys.
- This first dance had all the glam as sparklers surrounded the stage and went off as they played “Loving you baby” by Charles Bradley for Emma and Ted’s wedding reception.
First Dance Advice from Us
- A great tip for your first dance is to pick a short song or decide on a minute snippet from a song. Most couples don’t want to have everyone staring at them for the whole 3-minute song. Keep it short and simple.
- If you are doing your first dance and parent dances all together we suggest finding songs that can flow together.
- Practice dancing to your first dance song. This is a fun way to bond with your partner before the big day and you will remember those dancing in the kitchen moments while on the dance floor, which will hopefully bring you a smile.
- Decide in advance when you will invite others to the dance floor, is it at the end of your first dance or after?
- Keep a handkerchief in your partner’s pocket, in case the happy tears start flowing.
The most important thing is to have fun. This is your first time dancing to music as a married couple! I mean how amazing is that! Keep it fun and don’t worry about how you look. This is a moment just for the two of you.
Looking for more? We have created a few blogs on this topic! Check it out
1 thought on “First Dance Song Ideas”
How did Katie dance to “Rose of Sharon?” I love this song and would like to use it as a first dance song, but we aren’t sure how we would dance to it.